Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chickens Grow Fast!

I love my chickens!  I want to eat their eggs without buying them.  Isn't that great? 

They are growing really fast.  But I don't care if they don't get as big as I want them to I just want to see them fly. 

My chicken, Flower, weighs 2.8 ounces and is six inches long (from beak to tail feathers).  That means she is longer than she was two days ago.  She is also heavier. 

The black chicken weighs 1.7 ounces and is 4.75 inches long.  She is heavier, too. She grew 3/4 of an inch in two days!

Rhoda weighs 2.0 ounces and she is 5.5 inches long!  Daddy says that we probably measured her wrong the first day.






We had to feed them two times yesterday because they ate so much food! 

Today, we had to change their bedding because of all the poop!  The chickens poop a lot.  We changed their water because they got their bedding all in it.  We also gave them more food and more of that stuff that helps them digest their food (grit). 

(From Daddy:  I think that the first day we measured the chicks we probably got their length wrong.  Though I know chicks grow fast, I don't think they grow that fast in two days.  We will see soon, I guess, when we measure and weigh them again in two days.)

1 comment:

  1. This blog is great, B'eLana! I can't wait until you tell the story about Red Dog and the chicks.
    Love you,
    Nana and Tata

    ReplyDelete